generation or formation. Anemia means
deficiency in the oxygen-carrying component of the blood.The spongy material inside the bones is called as
bone marrow and is like a factory that produces blood cells (red cells,
white cells and platelets). In case of Aplastic anemia bone marrow fails
to form or develop blood cells.
Remarks: The red cells in the blood carry oxygen from the lungs to all areas of
the body. In Aplastic anemia with less number of red cells, body parts
do not get sufficient oxygen that is absolutely essential for their functioning. White cells fight infection by attacking and destroying germs and their less number in Aplastic anemia leads to poor defense mechanism making suffering individual prone to various and at times lethal infections.Platelets are blood cells that control bleeding by forming blood clots in areas of injury. Reduced platelets lead to blood clotting disorder, whereby blood does not clot naturally, leading to uncontrolled bleeding.
Suggestion about homoeopathic treatment: Role of Homoeopathy in Aplastic anemia
1. Homoeopathy medicines attempt to stimulate the healthy portion of bone marrow to improve cell production. This may help to reduce the number of blood transfusions.
2. Homoeopathy medicines improve general vitality and well being of a patient to help him fight infections.
3. Homoeopathy medicines can be useful to control bleeding disorder associated with Aplastic anemia.
4. Homoeopathy medicines are effective in curtailing further course and pace of disease.
5. The diagnosis of Aplastic anemia can have terrible emotional impact on the patient, which can have detrimental effect on immunity, thus adding fuel to the fire.
Homoeopathy medicines having positive influence on the psyche of patient can take care of this mind-body link.
6. Homoeopathy medicines are beneficial in countering side-effects associated with conventional therapy.
7. Homoeopathy medicines have very effective long term beneficial effect or preventive effect in terms of countering genetic tendencies and balancing disturbed immunity that are root causes of this serious malady. The chances of relapse significantly diminish with
homoeopathy treatment. The important point that should be emphasized is that when dealing with serious condition like Aplastic anemia, the beneficial effects of multiple therapeutic systems should be used in concordance with each other. There cannot be a single or exclusive line of treatment.
Homoeopathy medicines, as they do not adversely interfere with conventional medication, are absolutely safe to have synergetic effect of treatment. Moreover,
homoeopathy medicines are absolutely safe and do not have any side effects what so ever. However, considering the pace and grievous nature of disease,
homoeopathy alone may have limitations in managing Aplastic anemia. One cannot expect miraculous cure for Aplastic anemia with
homoeopathy alone. Nonetheless, homoeopathy treatment along with conventional treatment can add a lot to quality management of patient with Aplastic anemia. It should be emphasized that
Homoeopathic treatment is not a substitute to any mode of modern medicine such as blood transfusion or bone marrow transplant, etc. The role of
homoeopathy is more complementary than alternative, when it comes to managing Aplastic anemia.